Originally posted 4/16/2019
The second day of Business Excellence Forum kicked off with Michael Losier, author of “Law of Attraction – The Science of Attracting More of What You Want and Less of What You Don’t.” Among the many BFOs were:
- Contrast – The brief observation of what you don’t want will bring clarity to what you do want
- The Law of Attraction is like a Google search, refine the search until you find what you are looking for.
- To invoke the Law of Attraction, refine your Words->Thoughts->Vibes->Results
Our next speaker was Stephen Hightower, President & CEO of Hightower Petroleum Co. Mr. Hightower was profiled in CNBC’s “Blue Collar Millionaires”, he went from cleaning toilets in his parent’s janitorial business to founding a multi-million-dollar oil company. One of his big breaks occurred when his company was chosen to provide all the fuel that is put into new cars coming off GM’s production line. At the time, he didn’t have the credit nor the supply chain to satisfy the contract. In fact, he needed to triple his capacity. His search for credit and supply led him to the following BFO:
- “If the opportunity is big enough, you can find a supplier to support it.”
Having the right relationships has enabled his company to now supply the fuel for most of the cars produced in North America. The additional BFO’s from Mr. Hightower’s presentation included:
- As long as you don’t die, you have the opportunity to do something different
- “Exposure gives you the ability to see what is possible.”
“90 % of my customers are being called upon by someone else. 100% of my customers were once customers of someone else.”
This last BFO from Stephen Hightower was so powerful and valuable that it covered my BEF investment several time over. We all have competitors, thus, to succeed for the long haul, we must CONTINUALLY exceed our customer’s rising expectations.
Stay tuned for the next installment of BFOs from the 2019 BEF.